What Factors Go Into Homeowners Insurance Quotes?
For many Americans, owning a home is
a life-long dream. Families save money for a down payment, do their
best to maintain their credit and seek out the best mortgage rates
so that they may have a house payment they may live with for the
next 15-30 years. But often times, that same family does not know
what factors affect the pricing system they get on their homeowners
insurance quotes. Here are a few major factors that affect
the homeowners insurance quote you obtain from your insurance company:
- Amount of Insurance being Purchased
- Age of the Home
- Deductible being requested-Higher
deductible means a lower insurance premium.
- Fire record (also known as the
"Key Rate") of the fire department close to the home.
- Is the property in the city limits?
(Applies to Fire Record).
- Construction Material of the
- Previous claims history of the
- Credit history of the proposed
- Security devices the home is
equipped with. (Fire extinguisher, deadbolts, etc.)
- Safety devices the home is equipped
with (Alarm system, indoor sprinklers, etc.)
- Multi-policy discounts for the
insurance purchaser (a discount for also buying your car insurance
from the same insurance company, etc.)
- Proximity to Coastal Water
- Types of Animals on the property
(vicious dogs, etc.)
While these are not the only factors
involved in determining the price for homeowners insurance quotes,
they are the major ones that most homeowners insurance companies
use in determining the proper pricing for Homeowners Insurance
Quotes and Homeowners Insurance Policies.
Secured Homeowners Insurance Quote